Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 604E vs 604E2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #5
    Hostboard Member ckp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2003
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 604E vs 604E2

    Hooked 'em up to amps to check for any anomalies and thankfully there are none. I don't have them in cabinets yet, but I adjusted the crossover levels with the tweeter and sub to make up for the lack of bass and they sound pretty good without even being mounted up. I have some cabinets I was going to use for something else that I will use for these.

    The 604E2 is a little worse for wear. I picked the trash from the surround and the dope looks sagging and a little thinner than the other one. The cone is also dirty and lighter in color. What should I carefully clean the cone with? Also, can I heat the dope up to spread it around with an acid brush or use some chemical like lacquer thinner, xylene, toluene, mineral spirits? Thank you

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28261621 times.